Big, brash and boasting the bold personality of a Vegas resort, Carnival Splendor is a one-off in the Carnival fleet. One of the line’s larger vessels, her decor is themed around all things “splendid”—a swirling kaleidoscope of color and styles, from pink and copper to plum and black. Packed with the amenities modern high-seas vacationers demand, Carnival Splendor has it all. Moreover, she’s a ship that chases summer fun, successfully catering to all types of cruise guests: young families, retirees, singles and couples.
- Basic accommodations are roomy and offer plenty of storage.
- The huge Cloud 9 Spa, complete with a thermal suite.
- The sushi bar.
- Serenity, an adults-only retreat.
- Great facilities for kids of all ages.
- The in-stateroom interactive TV system.
Where You'll find Her:
Learn more about Carnival Splendor
- The dress code is smart casual, but dress up on “elegant” nights.
- Lines for lunch in the Lido Restaurant are often long, so aim to eat slightly outside of peak times.
- Besides Serenity, a quiet spot for reading is the Alexandria Library.
- If you’re crossing from one end to the other, use decks 5 or 9. If you fancy an espresso with lunch, a coffee bar—which many people miss—is tucked away in the middle of the Lido.
- If you need to do laundry, there’s usually a special offer toward the end of the cruise.
- The duty-free shopping offers great prices, particularly on alcohol.
What is onboard for kids?
Ask just about any parent who has sailed on Carnival Splendor, and they’ll tell you that the ship is a haven for kids. Camp Carnival takes care of kids ages 2 to 11 in a huge playroom connected to a water-spray park. H2Ocean is a specialty program with a focus on science-based activities. Circle C is a club for 12 to 14 year olds offering Wii-type gaming and late-night movies; the hip Club O2 is where older teens hang out to enjoy teen-only parties.
Group babysitting is available for a fee at Camp Carnival Night Owls until 3 a.m. (Yes, we believe that’s your permission to stay out late. Enjoy!)