Royal Additions to Luxury Ships
Regent Seven Seas Explorer will be shaking things up in the Constellation Theater
Regent Seven Seas Cruises finally announced the entertainment lineup planned to debut on the newest Regent ship, Seven Seas Explorer. The writers, directors and choreographers who developed the production specifically for Seven Seas Explorer have extensive Broadway experience and are being led by Julliard-trained musical director Jeremy Fenn-Smith.
- Paradis – This production will be a salute to the Persian Cabaret with its bawdy burlesque mix of steamy dances and sultry songs with over 300 extravagant costumes. Directed by veteran Broadway and Off-Broadway choreographer Patricia Wilcox, Paradis is expected to have a Moulin Rouge-esque feel to it.
- Peggy Lee – Guests will be taken back to New York’s Waldorf Astoria in the 1950s to witness the legendary career of the American jazz crooner, Peggy Lee, through dance and song. The show will be a compilation of her memorable hits such as “Fever,” “The Freedom Train” and “You Gotta Have Heart.” William Whitener, the director of this original show, has performed, choreographed and directed for stages worldwide, including Broadway.
- A Day in Hollywood – The original Tony Award-winning show was called “A Day in Hollywood and a Night in Ukraine” and Regent Seven Seas will be doing the first act, hence the name "A Day in Hollyword". Upon reaching the Constellation Theater, the ushers will invite you into what feels like a 1930s Grauman's Chinese Theater. Then zany characters will take you through some of the greatest music ever written for the movies such as “Over the Rainbow,” “Thanks for the Memory” and Hooray for Hollywood.” And chances are, you’ll be singing and dancing along with them in the aisles.
- Burn the Floor – Flashback to February 9, 1964, the night the Beatles were introduced to America on the Sunday night Ed Sullivan Show. This hot and sexy ballroom dancing show will take you through the British Invasion with musical dances from The Jive to Contemporary and Swing to The Twist.
Over the coming months, the entire Regent fleet (Navigator, Voyager, Mariner – in that order) will be getting a wide-range of upgraded entertainment from Broadway-style shows and musical medleys to variety-style comedic production. The 750-guest Seven Seas Explorer is scheduled for her maiden voyage on July 20, 2016.
Queen Mary 2 will receive a royal makeover
We learned exactly what Cunard Line has in store for the remastering of Queen Mary 2 taking place during her dry dock period from May 27 to June 21, 2016. It’s not just about the physical characteristics; Cunard Line is planning to update everything from the dining service and menus to the staterooms and pet program.
Here are a few of the highlights that really make her stand out:
Staterooms and Suites:
- 15 new single staterooms and an additional 30 Britannia Club Balcony Staterooms will be added
- Tea and coffee makers will be available in every stateroom and suite
- All of the luxurious suites and staterooms will completely restyled to include color palates, furnishings and designs inspired by art deco geometric patterns from the original Queen Mary
- Additional tables for two will be added to the Grills
- Winter Garden will turn into the Carinthia Lounge, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner along with afternoon tea, premium wine with small plates, and relaxed entertainment at night
- King’s Court (visited by 90% of guests) will be redesigned with a natural layout
- The menus will be completely restyled
- Queen Mary 2, currently the only cruise liner in the world to offer dedicated kennels for dogs, cats and ferrets, will be adding 10 new kennels for a total of 22 kennels. They will also be adding a lamp post and fire hydrant to the deck designated for dog walking to make the dogs feel more comfortable. They'll continue to take your pets on daily walks, give them fresh-cooked food to eat as well as a signature blanket and coat to mark the transatlantic crossing. Now that’s white-glove service.
If these pictures are any indication of what's to come on Queen Mary 2, this is a luxury experience you won't want to miss: