Cruise News: The Voice Dr. Seuss and Disney's Halloween Onboard
Happy Friday, everyone. Princess Cruises is singing on the high seas while Disney Cruise Line plans to transform their ships into a ghoulish scene for Halloween. Norwegian goes exotic and Celebrity plans to stay in the Caribbean after dark.
- You won’t find Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera on board but you’ll find the next best thing, The Voice of the Ocean on Princess Cruises. Expect everything from the show: the blind auditions; the iconic rotating “I Want You” chairs; the passionate coaches; and all the excitement. Oh, and you can be one of the contestants.
ALSO IN THE HEADLINES
- Carnival Cruise Lines teams up with Dr. Seuss Enterprises to host celebrity book-reading event on board. They started with their highly successful Seuss at Sea program and now in an effort to celebrate the new Dr. Seuss book, “What Pet Should I Get?” Carnival and Dr. Seuss Enterprises teamed up with Tampa Bay Rays all-star Evan Longoria aboard Carnival Paradise in Tampa. Even more, Carnival has agreed to match Longoria’s $100 donation to Pet Pal Animal Shelter for every home run he hits during the 2015 season.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is going exotic and more off the beaten path with their 2016/2017 itineraries. In the fall of 2016 Norwegian Cruise Line will cruise to the Far East for the first time since fall/winter of 2001/2002. Norwegian Epic will say goodbye to Europe and return Florida to home port in Port Canaveral. If a Panama Canal cruise is on your bucket list you can now sail there from Port Miami on Norwegian Jewel. Here’s a complete list of NCL’s 2016/2017 itineraries.
- Celebrity Cruises is setting the mood in the Caribbean with their “Evening’s Around The World” shore excursions. The program will offer cruises a chance to experience the local nightlife of their favorite Caribbean islands. Expect wine tastings in Curacao; relaxing sunset cruises along Aruba’s breathtaking coastline; and jazz and bonfires in Cozumel.
- Disney Cruise Line is transforming their ships into a ghoulish wonderland as Halloween draws closer. From September through October, Disney’s Halloween on the High Seas will take place on all Disney ships and most voyages. Expect an extra spooky (kid-friendly) time with Halloween-themed parties, unique items in the restaurants, themed parties and a lively Pumpkin tree that transforms on the cruise. And a Disney cruise would not be complete without a character meet-and-greet, from no other than Jack Skellington and Sally from A Nightmare Before Christmas.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Crystal Cruises is making noise on land, in the water and in the sky.
- MSC is Europe’s number one cruise line according to a survey released by Cruise Industry News.
RANDOM BUT COOL
- Postal Service salutes United States Coast Guard’s 225th Anniversary with a Forever Stamp. Thank you to the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Cruise with the stars of Impractical Jokers on a comedy cruise next January 11 – 15, 2016 on Norwegian Pearl out of Port Miami to Cozumel. Presale tickets just opened last night.