Cruise News: A Virtual Tour of the New MSC Meraviglia
We won't be able to sail on MSC's newest ship until her debut in 2017, but the cruise line has released more details about the ship with a video tour. Take a virtual walk through the new ship below:
Sixthman, the company whose featured music favorites like Pitbull and Hall of Famer Gregg Allman in epic concerts at sea, is embarking on yet another music-filled adventure: this time with band 311. Norwegian Jade will depart from Tampa on March 2, 2017 for a 4-day journey featuring the American rock band (dubbed the 311 Caribbean Cruise 2017). The cruise will stop in Cozumel, Mexico for some sun and fun in between awesome music performances.
Register for pre-sale by July 14th to secure your spot! Note: this doesn't mean you have to book your stateroom right then and there; by registering for pre-sale, you can book your stateroom before booking becomes available to the general public.
New to the themed-cruise scene? Here's some insight on what you can expect when sailing on a music cruise.
Royal Caribbean has signed an agreement with Miami-Dade County to construct a new cruise terminal at PortMiami.
The new terminal will serve as homeport for Royal Caribbean ships.
Fun fact: Royal Caribbean's new terminal is nicknamed the 'Crown of Miami' because of its distinct shape (the points are reminiscent of a crown when viewed from the water and morph into the 'M' from Miami if viewed from the East or West).
Another fun fact: The terminal's facade will light up at night to give it the royal edge that every crown deserves.
Royal Caribbean's Ovation of the Seas is celebrated in her China homeport by a world famous actress.
The ship was celebrated with a naming ceremony at the port city of Tianjin in northeast China. Actress Fan Bingbing has been named Godmother of this new and technologically advanced ship. The debut of Ovation of the Seas is a huge milestone for the cruise line and their expansion into the China cruising region. The 4,180 passenger-ship is the first in the cruise line's fleet to ship to homeport in China. Her onboard highlights include:
- 18 restaurants with a variety of international cuisine.
- Virtual balcony staterooms and large digital screens that display real-time views of the destinations in the ship's itinerary.
- The North Star, a glass capsule where guests can enjoy amazing panoramic ocean views 300 ft. above the ocean.
- For the thrill seekers, The RipCord by iFly skydiving experience.
- SeaPlex, the largest indoor activity space on any ship featuring games like basketball, bumper cars and roller skating.
- TWO70, a social space that offers 270-degree ocean views at the aft of the ship.
Ovation of the Seas is set to launch fall of this year.
Holland America Line partners with Seattle Mariners to honor U.S. military and support children with cancer.
The cruise line is continuing its partnership with the Major League baseball team by expanding their outreach programs to military members and children in Seattle's local hospital.
- The "Salute to Those Who Serve" program honors men and women from various branches of the U.S. military during 26 Friday and Saturday Mariners home games. The honorees will receive four tickets and a parking pass for the game and will be recognized on-field for their service.
- 'K's for Kids' is a Holland America Line program that donates to Seattle Children's Hospital. For each home-game strikeout recorded in the Mariner's season, the cruise line will make a donation to the hospital.
The cruise line is also the presenting sponsor of at the Seattle Mariners Get Well Tours. Mariners team members and the team mascot (the Mariner Moose) visit children and veterans in area hospitals with branded sports gear in tow. They also sponsor the annual Fan Appreciation Night at Safeco Field, where the final Friday home game of the season celebrates community support by local Mariners fans with prize drawings and cruise giveaways.
From June 29 to July 9, the city's downtown Quartier des Spectacles will host the 37th annual Festival International de Jazz de Montréal (or Montréal Jazz Festival). This is a HUGE event for the city that draws in about 2 million visitors each year. It's 11 days of both indoor and outdoor concerts (approximately 350 outdoor concerts to give you an idea of just how huge this event is) featuring legendary artists such as Wynton Marsalis, Kool & the Gang, Lauryn Hill and Oliver Jones. Plus, The festival will also have on-site food and drink options as well as plenty of food spots downtown and the surrounding areas.
Awesome jazz festivals aren't the only thing that Montreal has to offer. Check out these 40 things you need to know about cruising to Montréal.
Regent Seven Seas announces exclusive bath amenities from French brand L'Occitane to be featured on board Seven Seas Explorer.
The soon-to-launch ship is offering complimentary products from L'Occitane's Mer & Mistral line. The collection of exclusive French products will be a standard amenity for all suites on board. While the complimentary line is currently limited to Seven Seas Explorer, it's set to roll out to the rest of the fleet this summer.