Cruise News: Star Wars, Celebrities, Dry Docks. Oh, My!
This is going to be a busy weekend in the cruising world. Anthem of the Seas is sailing out of New York for the first time, Norwegian Escape is making her public debut in Miami, and Country Music Awards winners, Florida Georgia Line, are kicking off their second music festival cruise. Good thing Onboard.com will be there so you don’t miss a thing.
3 Ladies, 3 Ships, 3 Adventures – Are you ready to cruise with us?
- Friday morning we’re boarding Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas as she makes her debut in New York. We’ll give you a behind the scenes look at the galley, show you how to skydive on a cruise ship and try to figure out what the stowaway guy in the elevator is really all about.
- Saturday morning we are cruising (figuratively and lyrically) with the CMA Vocal Duo of the Year, Florida Georgia Line.
We can’t resist the chance to blend our love of music and love of cruising into one experience. Follow us on Facebook as we show you what it’s like to go on a floating music festival when we join the "This is How We Cruise" sailing with Florida Georgia Line, Sam Hunt, Dustin Lynch, Jason Derulo and more. Don’t forget your flip-flops and cowboy boots, y’all.
- Monday morning we are cruising on the brand new Norwegian Escape with international superstar (and soon to be Godfather) Pitbull.
After the christening ceremony we are headed out to sea where we won’t leave one towel animal unturned. We’ll show you what it’s like to play in the snow in the middle of the ocean, how chef Jose Garces whips up his famous dishes, chat with Michael Mondavi about his fabulous wines and learn about the hull art directly from the source, Guy Harvey.
IN CRUISE NEWS HEADLINES
We have exclusive images of the all-new Disney Dream from the Star Wars additions and the kids’ facilities to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and adult spaces.
- Crystal Cruises orders five river cruise yachts and plans to set sail with the first ultra-luxury river vessel starting in 2016. The cruise line is taking the saying “go big or go home” to a new level. From what was once a small luxury cruise line of just two ships is now turning into a major player in luxury travel and hospitality. Over the past year, Crystal Cruises has announced plans to add Crystal River Cruises, Crystal Yacht Cruises, Crystal Exclusive Class ocean vessels and even Crystal Luxury Air. In October, the New York Times chatted with Crystal’s CEO, Edie Rodriguez and to find out more about Crystal Cruises’ brand expansions.
- Holland America Line and Norwegian Cruise Line are putting serious money behind much-needed ship improvements. Holland America is investing $300 million to upgrade shipboard enhancements, of which $40 million will go directly to suite upgrades. Norwegian Cruise Line is planning to put eight ships in dry dock next year and six more in 2017. Among the first Norwegian ships scheduled for an overhaul will be Pride of America, one of the very few ships in the industry that sails to the Hawaiian Islands.
RANDOM BUT COOL
- You won’t believe what happens when Europa 2 comes across a local fishing boat at sea. Here’s a behind the scenes look of that and much more.