Cruise News: Sail with chef Jacques Pépin or NFL star Rob Gronkowski
Hurtigruten let their Facebook fans name their newest ship and New England Patriots' Rob Gronkowski is taking over Norwegian Pearl while master chef Jacques Pépin is taking over Oceania Marina.
THIS WEEK IN CRUISE NEWS
- Football fans have a chance to cruise (and party) with New England Patriots' Rob Gronkowski.
Gronk’s Party Ship is taking over Norwegian Pearl February 19 – 22, 2016. The ship will sail from Miami to Gronk’s private island in the Bahamas with a lineup that includes chart topping music artist Flo Rida, Redfoo, Waka Flocka Flame, Australian DJ Brooke Evers and a few others.
- Attention culinary aficionados: Jacques Pépin, legendary master chef, will host the Jacques Pépin Cruise on Oceania Cruises.
On the 10-day sailing from Venice to Rome guests can expect book signings, meet-and-greets and a special culinary demonstration hosted by Pépin. Guests will also be treated to specially designed menus in the restaurants, epicurean-infused shore excursions and hands-on culinary instruction in the Culinary Center.
- Facebook fans voted and Hurtigruten listened.
Hurtigruten, the exploration-oriented cruise line, launched its “Name Our Newest Ship” Facebook contest in May 2015. After reviewing over 15,000 name suggestions the cruise line decided on MS Spitsbergen. The ship is named after the largest island in Norway’s Svalbard Archipelago, located above the Arctic Circle. A fitting name considering the cruise line focuses on costal voyages to Norway, Greenland and Antarctica. The newly named ship will launch in May 2016.
- Azamara Club Cruises has launched an app that gives a 360-degree virtual tour experience. See what it’s like to cruise through the Panama Canal, ride on a horse and carriage through the streets of Cartagena, Colombia or board an Azamara ship. With the point-of-view perspective and the ability to control where and what you are looking at makes it feel like you’re really there. The app is called Azamara 3Di and it’s free to download.
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation announced their Cuba 360º National Trust Tour. The 10-day cruise will depart from Port Miami and circumnavigate Cuba with seven port stops from Havana to Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba to Gibarra/Holguín on Haimark Line’s 210-guest MS Saint Laurent. This cruise will focus on experiencing Cuban culture the most authentic way – through its people.
- Norwegian Escape will offer LACOSTE and Carolina Herrera Shops. Norwegian’s newest and largest ship, Escape, will debut this November with LACOSTE and Carolina Herrera boutiques onboard. The LACOSTE boutique will offer a wide variety of items including signature polos, t-shirts, dresses, skirts, footwear, and accessories. While Carolina Herrera will offer handbags, leather goods, pashminas, scarves, jewelry, footwear and accessories.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Did you know that only 33% of the visitors to Alaska’s Denali National Park actually see the tallest mountain in the United States? Well this news won’t help you see it, but it’s great to know that Mount McKinley has been renamed Mount Denali.