Cruise News: A New Presidential Hopeful Hits the High Seas
In this week's Cruise News: Windstar Cruises reveals European sailing itineraries for 2017; Emerald Waterways has a new deal for solo cruisers; Carnival Cruise Line backs a new presidential hopeful.
If you've never sailed on the cruise line's intimate luxury yachts, here's a little peak at their European sailing experience (WARNING: may cause extreme case of wanderlust):
Charmed? We thought so. Now onto the itineraries.
Windstar will feature 22 sailings between May and November of 2017, which will include:
- Venetian Passageways, an 8-or-9 day journey from Athens to Venice (or Venice to Athens) on Star Legend, Star Breeze, Wind Surf or Star Pride ships
- Spanish Serenade, an 8-day journey from Lisbon to Barcelona (or Barcelona to Lisbon) on Star Legend, Star Breeze or Star Pride ships
- Grand Prix of Monaco, a 7-day cruise departing May 23, 2017 via Star Breeze where guests can experience a memorable view of the world-acclaimed races in Monte Carlo.
The cruise line's two newest itineraries explore the depths of Croatia and surrounding areas on board Wind Star:
- Quintessential Croatia cruises roundtrip from Venice, and this eight-day sailing soaks in sights like Plitvice Lakes National Park, Lake Bled's whimsical island and the Old Town in Dubrovnik.
- Marvels of the Croatian Coast and Greece is a particular standout among Windstar's new exotic sailings. Sailing from Venice to Athens, Wind Star conquers 11 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the course of 12 days (a record for the cruise line). In addition to stunning views like Kotor's bay and Acropolis at sunset, expect plenty of Grecian delicacies, Italian pasta and Croatian seafood along the journey.
Visit the Windstar Cruises website for information on additional Euro itineraries for 2017.
Princess Cruises reveals their 6th annual Relaxation Report just in time for National Relaxation Day.
Earlier this year, Princess Cruises reported that 57% of Americans are making sleep a priority this year. Their 2016 Relaxation Report illustrates how well (or how terribly) we're keeping that promise:
Don't forget to squeeze in a moment of R&R on August 15th's National Relaxation Day!
Solo cruising is a growing trend amongst cruise lovers, and Emerald Waterways is treating parties of 1 to a sweet deal.
Through 2016, the cruise line will waive its single supplement rate (a rate that traditionally yields higher cruise fares for solo cruisers). Guests can take advantage of salings such as Splendours of Europe, a 15-day journey from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the 8-day Jewels of the Rhine sailing from Basel to Amsterdam.
This is the perfect opportunity to see for yourself why you should cruise solo at least once in your life.
The Land of the Midnight Sun will see a significant surge in cruise visitors this year, expecting more than 1 million for the first time since 2009.
Alaska is a bucket list destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers. But did you know that it's also a prime destination for families? Just ask our Managing Editor, who is currenlty on a cruise to Alaska with her family. And if this adorable Instagram photo is any indication of how enjoyable Alaska can be for children, every family should add the region to their cruising list.
Keep Calm and Vote for The Cat.
Election Day is just 3 months away, but that hasn't stopped Carnival Cruise Line from endorsing the most animated presidential hopeful. Meet the newest candidate, Cat in the Hat.
Carnival's fun endorsement coincides with the release of the new Dr. Seuss book, "One Vote, Two Votes, I Vote, You Vote". As a result, Camp Ocean/Camp Carnival will be transformed into voting central, where ballot boxes will be available for kids to vote for their favorite Dr. Seuss book and receive a certificate for their valued vote. Running mates Thing 1 and Thing 2 will also be on board Carnival ships to support Cat's campaign, shaking hands and mingling with young voters.
The presidential theme will offer children on board the opportunity to learn about the voting process and its importancce. If you're sailing on a Carnival ship any time soon, don't forget to tune into the feline's official campaign commercial (available on in-cabin tv channels), to be a part of presidential history.