Cruise News: "Captain for a day" - Da Vinci at Sea - MSC Lirica sails Asia
In the Cruise News
- An Interactive, 3D Look at Leonardo DaVinci on Anthem of the Seas – Royal Caribbean developed a unique content experience for Anthem of the Seas guests – a wholly immersive experience, guests get a unique perspective on DaVinci. Kudos to Royal Caribbean for creating an elevated learning and entertainment experience.
- Crystal Yacht Cruises Announces they Are Open for Booking
The first of Crystal’s new luxury yachting experiences are now available for all travelers to book. Sail the Crystal Esprit on their inaugural December sailing to the Seychelles and other islands or one of the other fantastic cruises. Sign me up for the Mediterranean route, please!
- Cruise Radio Took a Tour of Carnival Corporation's New Amber Cove Port – Carnival Victory will be the first ship welcomed at this new Caribbean paradise on October 6th. Fun fact from Doug Parker at Cruise Radio? This was where the original Jurassic Park movie was filmed. I will refrain from making any dinosaur on cruise ship references. Instead, we will start looking for itineraries that include the new tropical destination. 8 Carnival Corp brands will be making stops there – Carnival, Princess, Holland America Line, Costa, Aida, P&O, Cunard and Fathom.
- Costa Cruises Lets Kids Be Captain for a Day – Kids clubs are great (as mom of 2 little ones, they are more than great – they are a lifesaver!), but how fabulous would it be to sign up to be king, er, captain for a day. Guess I will be making a trip to the Med next season with my 5 year old…
- MSC Lirica Will Sail Out of China Year-Round
MSC joins other top cruise lines in Asia, as they commit to year-round sailing out of China. MSC Lirica just entered dry dock (MSC’s Renaissance program) to be refurbished and retro-fitted to suit the Chinese market.
Random But Cool
We are always looking for interesting cruise-related videos on YouTube (you may have seen our favorite dance video last week on our Facebook page, where we asked what you would do if you had this aqua aerobics instructor on your cruise). This week we came across Jazzy, of the Seven Super Girls group. At the risk of dating ourselves, we acknowledge we had not heard of this teen powerhouse collection of girls. But consider us fans now. Jazzy takes us through her summer cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship (it’s quite long – but worth a quick sample). Given her enthusiastic love, we expect to see a lot more teens cruising during the winter holidays and summer season of 2016.