Cruise News: A $61 Million Renovation
Starting this November, the ship will be receiving a series of new enhancements. Entertainment additions will include new dual racer water slides and the popular FlowRider Surf Simulator. New culinary options range from Izumi Japanese Cuisine to Boleros Latin Lounge and the cruise line's signature Chops Grille. The ship will also get more than 100 new staterooms added and all existing staterooms will be completely refurbished.
While Adventure of the Seas will receive new activities like the dual water slides, one thing she won’t be getting is the Tidal Wave slide--which is finally available for use on Liberty of the Seas after months of delays. The first boomerang-style slide at sea is one of Royal Caribbean’s most thrilling entertainment options, and with good reason: it starts with a steep drop, then propels riders up an almost vertical wall and into a free fall that makes your stomach nearly drop in anticipation. Would you dare experience the adrenaline for yourself?
Norwegian Dawn has arrived in Boston after a month-long dry dock.
She's now packed with new and revamped dining (complimentary and specialty) and bar venues and has completely refurbished staterooms and updated decor in several areas on board. A few of the many dining and bar upgades include:
- Los Lobos Cantina - a new upscale Mexican eatery with plenty of a la carte guacamole, al pastor tacos and hand crafted margaritas to go around.
- Bliss Lounge- a contemporary cocktail hangout spot formerly known as Spinnaker Lounge.
- O'Sheehan's Bar & Grill- a favorite on Norwegian ships now making its debut on Dawn.
- The Cellars, a Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar- formerly known as Pearly King Pub and now an upscale wine bar.
Those looking to unwind will enjoy the completely redesigned Mandara Spa and Pulse Fitness Center. The Spa is now equipped with a barber shop, nail salon, eight heated loungers and a spa pool, and the Fitness Center now carries state-of-the-art Techno Gym equipment.
To witness these and more of Dawn's remarkable renovation first-hand, you can catch her sailing from Boston to Bermuda every week through the month of October. In November, Dawn will sail from New Orleans to the Western Caribbean, stopping at Norwegian's new private island, Harvest Caye, which debuts that same month.
From suite upgrades to renovated public spaces and new itineraries to choose from, Star Pride has returned with a bang. Some of the 212-passenger yacht's renovation highlights include:
- Completely rebuilt and redesigned Owner's Suites with and a new private deck area with views over the ship's bow.
- Decor, furniture and overall layout improvements in The Lounge (pictured below), Star Deck (also pictured below), Library and Fitness Center.
- Layout improvements in the AmphorA Restaurant (the main dining room)
- and in the Veranda restaurant, which will have a 180 degree view of the ocean thanks to sliding glass doors and aft wind screen.
Aside from newly decorated and expanded spaces, Star Pride will also be sailing to new destinations. Her newest itineraries include:
- A 7-day itinerary named Treasures of the Greek Isles. Departing from Athens, the ship sails to Nafplio and Mykonos (Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey), Patmos, Monemvasia and Santorini (Greece) and then back to Athens. Guests on this cruise can enjoy the complimentary (and truly unforgettable) Windstar Private Event, which features a candlelit dinner at the Celsus Library in Ephesus,Turkey.
- Starting in 2017, Star Pride will feature 4 new European cruises: Around Iceland, Best of Europe's West Coast, Lands of the Midnight Sun and Gaelic Explorers.
Note: Make sure you brush up on your European cruise knowledge before setting sail on these or any other Euro cruises.
The luxury expedition cruise line has unveiled two seven-night Galapagos itineraries on Silver Galapagos.
- The north central itinerary departs from Baltra with stops in Santa Cruz with a circumnavigation of Isla Daphne Grande (aka Daphne Major). Cruisers will also get to explore sights in Genovesa, San Cristobal, Espanola and Santa Cruz, to name a few.
- The western itinerary explores places like Cerro Dragon and Playa Las Bachas in Santa Cruz, circumnavigates Roca Leon Dormido (aka Kicker Rock) and also sails to Isabela, Floreana and Punta Espinoza.
The cruise line will begin alternating between the two new itineraries starting March 25, 2017 and in the meantime here's a visual teaser of what it's like to cruise to the Galapagos.
The ship earned top honors in both the The US Public Health inspection and Health Canada inspection. This past March, her sister ship ms Eurodam earned a 10th consecutive score of 100 and made history for being the first to do so.
You go, Holland America.
This exclusive private performance will sell out quickly (as expected; this is a music legend we're talking about here). The performance is only available on two itineraries:
Option 1: Athens to Rome (October 10-29, 2016)
Option 2: Venice to Rome (October 19-29, 2016)
Book ASAP if interested!