8 Cruise Lines With Serious Hull Style
Watching (or live streaming) the runway shows at New York Fashion Week (NYFW) is always exciting.
The way the models strut the hottest pieces down the runway as the audience intensely looks on reminded us of the way cruise ships sail into Port Miami. Whenever a ship comes in or out of the port, everyone driving along the MacArthur Causeway slows down, frantically takes pictures and waves at these beauties like it’s a fashion show on the sea.
So, in celebration of NYFW we decided to put together a runway show of our own that shows off the hottest hull fashion at sea.
1. Aida Cruises, Germany's largest cruise line, is based in Rostock, Germany. We might not speak the same language as she does, but we love those big eyes and bright red lips. You can find nine of these cuties sailing throughout the world and Aida will add three new ships by the end of 2016.
2. Norwegian Cruise Line is a popular line around these waters. While it’s tough to decide which ship is our favorite, we had to go with a ship our hometown artist David Lebo painted, Norwegian Getaway. It’s SO Miami!
3. Disney Cruise Line makes us smile with two words, Mickey Mouse. Check out those ears! When Disney ships are docked, you can find statues of the other characters hanging off the aft of the ship waiting for you to come back.
4. Crystal Cruises is an elegant lady. So it’s no wonder you can hear Louis Armstrong serenading you to “What a Wonderful World” as you sit in traffic in Miami and wave to Crystal Serenity heading out to sea.
5. MSC Cruises is an Italian cruise line that moved MSC Divina to Port Miami in 2014. We love the way she looks in the early mornings with the city of Miami lighting up behind her.
6. Carnival Cruise Lines has over 20 ships and they are all know as the “fun ships”. Their red, white and blue funnels make them easy to spot and so do the Carnival cruisers that are always lively, shouting bon voyage as they sail off to the Caribbean.
7. Celebrity Cruises flaunts her X marks the spot in her ever-so-fitting sailor colors of blue and white.
8. Azamara is smaller in size but that’s what makes her ships so unique. While some of the other cruise lines sail off to popular ports of call, Azamara ships sail to those off-the-beaten path ports and sometimes stay the night. Naughty girl.
Did your favorite cruise line make our list? Share with us below.